“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts”
- Alan Cohen
Whoa. I feel like I blinked and 5 months passed. I just looked at the date of my last post and was shocked to see it was June 26. For those that haven’t unsubscribed, first – thank you! And second, please accept my apologies. In no way, shape, or form did I intend to go this long without posting.
So what brought me back? This past Thursday evening, I found myself sitting in my friend Jen’s basement after an amazing Thanksgiving dinner (ok, truth time, I had just woken up from a nap brought on by good red wine and too much turkey) and reflecting on the past few years of my life and how incredibly blessed I am.
Here’s a short list of things that I’m thankful for:
- A loving family (even though we’re far apart, you are always on my mind!)
- Incredible, supportive friends – new and old (Mrs & Mr, Chris, Grace, Ange, Jen, Erick, G, Marta, Bill, Seagull, Stedders, Atorina, Bob, Ed, Matt, Yesandwiches – I’m looking at you!)
- To live in a city with such amazing restaurants, music, art (and a phenomenal running community!)
- Good health and the ability to have run 3 marathons on 3 continents (4 to go!)
- The opportunity to visit far off places and see a sliver of the beauty that’s out there in the world (Honduras, France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Argentina, Uruguay all in the past 2 years!)
- To have a good job that lets me afford to enjoy my interests (even if it takes more of my time than I would like sometimes!)
- To have found my passion and purpose in life (more on that in the coming months!)
No other way to put it, I am blessed beyond measure. And to those which much is given, much is required. I’ve haven’t spent nearly enough time recently on volunteering or making this world a better place. This will be a focus in the coming year for me.
What are you most thankful for?
Make it a great week all!
Leave a comment